Lighter, More Energy Efficient, Code-Compliant and Corrosion-Immune Air Handling Systems for Commercial, Institutional and Industrial Applications
Steel construction has historically been the industry standard, but not because it was well-suited to the task. For air-handlers, it's actually a fairly poor choice due to it's vulnerability to corrosion, weight, leakage rates, and heat transfer properties.
In fact, the only reason it became an industry standard was because there wasn't a viable alternative...
Composite Air Design uses advanced FRP composite materials and construction techniques to produce air handling units, energy recovery units, and plenums that are:
• More Energy Efficient Than Steel — Cabinet leakage rates are an order of magnitude better providing superior overall thermal efficiency. Air Leakage is the primary source of energy loss for air handling systems.
• Practically Corrosion “Immune” — Composite materials have been in use in the boating industry since the 50s, and one of the very first sea-going boats constructed of composite materials is still in service. Our material is inherently corrosion proof, even when scratched or dented, unlike coated steels. Plus, our hardware is all 316 Stainless.
• Code-Approved and Safe — Our materials and designs meet the NBC 2010 building code, including Flame Spread / Smoke Developed indices of less than 25/50 when tested according to UL 723
• Fast ROI For maritime & Corrosive Environment Application — Increased thermal efficiency and elimination of replacement costs, allows CAD Systems to achieve ROI in as low 3 years in coastal or other challenging environments. Weight savings vs. steel of up to 30% also creates savings on construction due to reduced structural requirements.
• Proven In Real-World Use — Our systems, materials, and technology have been tested in-use for the last X years, and we have already installed XX units around the world. And, yes, our corrosion immunity and SMACNA leakage tests on installed units have been every bit as good as our R&D has predicted.